Thursday, August 9, 2007

Pets I've Loved

Thirteen Things about Pauline
1. Capper - I was a toddler and we got a white Spitz - my sisters wanted to name him Casper - but I couldn't say it so Capper it was - I have a scar on my hand from him
2. Dan - a golden retriever left at a farm place we lived at. Great dog - hunters came to borrow him.
3. Lassie - a mutt I got - we lived on a turkey farm and she started killing baby turkeys - just one here or there - my parents told me a nieghbor found a home for her - when he came to get her he put her in his trunk (so his car wouldn't get dirty) that night while home alone - Lassie came crawling home with a gun shot in her neck.
4. While pregnant with qtpies7 we got a St. Bernard and named him Moose - did he ever look funny sitting on the loveseat.
5. When qtpies7 was a toddler we got her a black kitten - I would call - here kitty, kitty, kitty - and she would call "He kaliddiditty. so that became it's name.
6. We moved to a Dairy farm and got a great German Shepherd named Judge. He was very good with the kids.
7. After moving from Minnesota to Arizona we got a little terrier mix named Mandy - She loved to dress up in the kids t-shirts. I mourned for a week after she died.
8. Then we got a desert tortoise named Sherman - who loved bananas.
9. Then came Randi - Mirandi Cecille - she was a Pomeranian. When I was pregnant with my youngest she would only eat crackers - just like me.
10. Blaze came next - a Curly Coated Retriever who insisted on getting our newspapers and if one of us didn't know he'd been out to get it - he'd end up getting the neighbors also. He also helped carry in groceries.
11. Another black cat - Bagheera. He was declawed but still took birds out of the air.
12. I got Mika - you've probably seen her in a previous post at the Arizona Humane Society. The best dog I've ever had.
13. And now we also have another black cat - Midnight aka Nightmare. He's also great.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


2 comments:

Qtpies7 said...

What about Rockafeller by George? Poor thing, that would make a sad story.
Drew is laughing hysterically over Lassie. Isn't he terrible? Hope the Air Force shapes his butt up!
I remember Mego, and Pumpkin and Peanut.
Wasn't Mandi run over?

Carina said...

Sounds like you've had a lot of furry friends.

Great TT idea!